Monday, October 22, 2012

Zooniverse

When I first got on this website I went straight to the exploring the moon surface. I really didn't get it though. So I left that part and went to study the explosions on the sun and that was really interesting. I had to go through the training being able to sight a comet, optical effect, particle strike, or if its just something else. Its pretty amazing how they have this citizen science. First they train you to be able to see the those following things I listed then they will let you see actual explosions to see if you see anything anyone else hasn't seen.I also went to The Milky Way Project and seen how the stars form. It's just cool how you can actually learn all of this stuff online when some people pay thousands or dollars to learn the exact same thing. 

P.S. I just thought that the picture above is really cool since it has an explosion of the sun happening in it and the size of Earth.

1 comment:

  1. I also explored the explosions of the sun and thought it was crazy. I had a hard time identifying what was what though. I think it is pretty cool how you can literally learn a new thing in literally minutes.

    ReplyDelete